1. Pick out your outfit the night before
I did this for my kids and then realized how much time and energy it saved if I did it for myself, too. You don’t have to go for a dramatic new look every day.
2. Let the shower be your iron
Give your look the polish by letting the steam from a hot shower do the ironing for you. Hang your dress or blouse in the bathroom and the hot steam will un-crease the material.
3. Grab go-to basics
Save the trendy options for evening and invest in a midsize classic satchel in a neutral black or tan that will work with everything so you won’t have to transfer all your stuff. Same goes for shoes. Keep some basic black pumps and comfy chic flats every season so you always have an easy workable option at hand.
4. Moisturize in the showerYou can save a step in your routine by using moisturizing body wash in the shower. One bottle of Olay’s Ultra Moisture Body Wash (my fave) has more than a jar of Olay moisturizers within it, so you’ll have no problem making sure your skin is soft and smooth all over.
5. Add a glow without the sun
Instead of using face cream and a separate powder bronzer, you can save a few minutes by mixing a little sunless tan lotion into your face cream for an even application.
6. Make lips shine longer
Before you apply the gloss, cover lips with a base coat of thick balm. Blot lips with a tissue, then outline the lips and fill them in with lip liner. The final step is a layer of gloss that will actually stay on!
7. Create tousles without a curling iron
Shower before you go to bed and section your hair into several mini braids that you can sleep on. In the morning, use your fingers (not a brush) to untangle the braids and you’ll have instant, perfectly imperfect waves.